Sunday, November 7, 2010

The best/most fun lately

I am having a great time knitting a block from Nancy Marchant's Tree Beret pattern.  It's another square for Megan's Spreading Love blanket for Marie.
After setting it down and picking it up again, I did have a hard time finding my place at first.  But the increases keep repeating in a way that's comfortable and easy to anticipate.  I'm going to have to improvise more rows of increases to get to a 12" square, but that should be easy since a chart of increases/no increases is provided as part of the pattern.  Will have to also make up a way of turning the circle into a square, too, but figure I'll figure that out when I get to it.  Maybe something with short rows to make corners as I bind off?

At first it was really hard to see the pattern and I feared I had chosen the colors poorly.  But once I got a few more rounds done the stripes were very vibrant and easy to see.


The color is a bit better in the first pic.  Don't know why it would be washed out in the shot I took with no flash.  But it's easy to see that the pattern does show up nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment